I help technology companies grow.
Created and managed complex analytic solutions using big data technologies and added power of AI/ML. Managed international teams across multiple continents.
I have been fortunate to work with innovative companies over the years in a variety of roles including Product Strategy, Product Management, Professional Services, Operations, Legal, Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing and Alliance Management. With this broad experience, I help companies grow and create compelling products that attract acquisition prospects.
2020 – Present
ThoughtWorld is a Consumer Research and Analytics Platform that captures trends and consumer sentiment directly from the users. The end product is a set of advanced insights that show trends and probability analysis using desired outcomes as a starting point.
Responsible for all product & technical aspects of the company including development, QA, product management and devops.
Designed the first version of the cloud app and the technology stack. Then I hired the entire team of product managers, developers, devops and QA staff.
- Delivered product from concept to MVP in 3 months
- Delivered live product within 5 months
- Extended product to iOS and Android apps
VP Product Strategy & Marketing
2018 – 2020
Responsible for product strategy and marketing of Cognira’s innovative AI enabled solutions for Retailers and Brands. Created the Cognira Price and Promotion Suite including Planning, Effectiveness, Optimization and Analytics. Set the go-to-market strategy and hired the resources needed to build, market and sell the solutions.
- Delivered product from concept to MVP in 4 months
- Engaged customers to validate the design and build of the solution
- Created product launch marketing campaign
- Signed first customer during MVP
(acquired by Mi9 Retail)
GM & VP Product Strategy
2011 – 2018
Oversight of the product strategy, product operations and management of Price, Promotions and Markdown solutions of the JustEnough product suite, including product management, development, pre-sales and consulting. Also responsible for the Analytics and Data Science roadmap.
Created the next-generation Promotion Planning System. Responsible for entire product lifecycle, including Product Strategy, Product Management, Sales and Implementation. Helped grow the company by 275%.
- Assembled the team and created the Promotion Management system
- Sold and implemented the solution at large US and International retailers, including, Best Buy & Nike
- Negotiated all legal contracts with customers and partners
- Successfully increased software prices 10x
- Successfully increased consulting rates by over 50%
(acquired by IBM – now Acoustic)
Vice President, Retail Solutions
2009 – 2011
Led the transition and integration teams following the merger of Connect3 with DemandTec. Responsible for all aspects of the product line covering the entire DemandTec End-to-End Promotion Management solution, including Promotion Planning & Execution, Deal Management and Promotion Optimization. Set the strategy for internal and external communication, new product launches, product direction and sales strategy.
- Played a key role in the acquisition of new accounts by the combined company, including the largest contract in the history of the company ($25M+).
- Created new product lines and consolidated existing products into logical solutions.
- Successfully integrated the product lines along with sales and operations of the two companies in record time after the merger.
(acquired by DemandTec)
Executive Vice President and COO
1998 – 2009
As one of the founders of Connect3 Systems, Inc., I was responsible for Connect3’s strategy, product development and general & administrative functions. In addition, provided direction and oversight for the Product Marketing, Sales, Pre-Sales, Development and Customer Service organizations. Provided strategic guidance for the future direction of the products and the organization. Cultivated and maintained key third-party alliances.
- Successfully grew the company to a level that attracted acquisition prospects.
- Directed the due-diligence process during the acquisition.
- Acquired new customers, including: Home Depot, Best Buy, Office Depot, Ace Hardware, Stop & Shop
- Expanded the customer base to Europe and Africa.
A partial list of some of the great companies that I have personally worked with:
- Academy Sports
- Ace Hardware
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Best Buy
- Clas Olhson
- Do It Best
- Giant Eagle
- Holland & Barrett
- Home Depot
- JC Penney
- JoAnn Stores
- Office Depot
- PC Richard
- Pep Boys
- Shaw’s Supermarkets
- Sodimac Chile
- Spartan Stores
- Sports Authority
- Stop & Shop
- The Source Canada
- Toys R Us Canada
- True Value
- Westlake Hardware
- Williams Sonoma
- WH Smith
Innovation is key in growing both personally and professionally. These are some of the projects I have been involved in either as a founder, co-founder or investor.
Social Advertising Platform
Cloud Surveillance Solution
Cloud utility analytics and smart bill management platform
Design and development of mobile, web and enterprise apps
Online platform for retailers to display weekly circulars
Cloud video platform
GET IN TOUCH